Canada

Carbon monoxide leak forces evacuation of highrise residents Saturday

Article content

A carbon monoxide leak that led to the evacuation of residents from a highrise tower near Lansdowne Park and TD Place Saturday night was found to have been caused by a boiler in the building.

Article content

Firefighters arrived at the tower on the 1000 block of Bank Street Saturday night after a resident called 911 because the alarm from their carbon monoxide detector was ringing, Ottawa Fire Services said in a release following the incident.

Once on the scene, firefighters found elevated levels of carbon monoxide in the building’s lobby and even higher levels on the floor of the resident who reported the alarm, prompting them to evacuate all tenants of the building.

Enbridge Gas assisted firefighters in finding the boiler to be the cause.

OC Transpo was on hand to shelter people and security officers at Lansdowne opened the second-floor lobby of the south stands to host evacuees.

Residents were allowed to return to their units after the boiler was shut off and firefighters ventilated the building, the service said. No injuries were reported.

For more updates check below links and stay updated with News AKMI.
Education News || Politics News || Journal News || Daily Local News || Lifetime Fitness || Sports News || Automotive News

Source

Related News  Trudeau set to speak with Biden in U.S. president's first call with a foreign leader | CBC News
Tags
Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button

usa news wall today prime news newso time news post wall

Close