Canada

Residents allowed back in Market building after carbon monoxide scare

A cracked heat exchanger was found after elevated levels of carbon monoxide were detected on all five floors.

Article content

Residents of an Ottawa Community Housing building in the ByWard Market were allowed to re-enter their apartments after high levels of carbon monoxide were safely vented from the structure on Saturday.

Article content

The Ottawa Fire Services communications division had received a call from OCH at 3:43 p.m. reporting the smell of gasoline inside the building at 380 Cumberland St.

Elevated levels of carbon monoxide were detected on all five floors, and all residents were evacuated. An OC Transpo bus was called to the scene so the approximately 60 residents could be sheltered safely while fire crews investigated the source of the fumes.

“Extremely high levels of carbon monoxide were found on the roof of the building by the air unit,” a media release from Ottawa Fire Services said.

A cracked heat exchanger was found on one of the two air units on the roof, both of which were shut down and tagged for repairs.

Related News  $14M Oilers foundation 50/50 draw delayed again

Firefighters then opened all windows and vented the entire building. There were no reported injuries and residents were allowed to return, although a heater in the common area of the building would not be in operation on Saturday evening, the fire service added.

For more updates check below links and stay updated with News AKMI.
Education News || Politics News || Journal News || Daily Local News || Lifetime Fitness || Sports News || Automotive News

Source

Tags
Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button

usa news wall today prime news newso time news post wall

Close