New Japan Pro-Wrestling continued the 2020 World Tag League on Saturday. The night was headlined by a shocking upset in Fujisawa, as YOSHI-HASHI continued his unprecedented year by getting a sneaky rollup pin on 6-time IWGP Tag Team Champion Tama Tonga. Tama even took to twitter to voice his exasperation with the new and improved YOSHI-HASHI.
— Tama Tonga (@Tama_Tonga) November 28, 2020
The win continued the CHAOS member’s skyward trajectory, after a decade of being one of NJPW’s unluckiest competitors. His performance in the G1 Climax, coupled with his first ever championship reign, alongside fellow NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Champs Hirooki Goto & Tomohiro Ishii, have made for a very good start to the new decade. Now he’s picked up a tying win over one of the top contenders for this year’s Tag League trophy.
— njpwworld (@njpwworld) November 28, 2020
Elsewhere on the card, The Empire remain unable to beat CHAOS. After falling to Goto & YOSHI-HASHI earlier in the tournament, the imperial duo came up short against Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano. Begging te question, has Will Ospreay downgraded by leaving CHAOS to start a new group with Jeff Cobb & Great-O-Khan?
Former-IWGP Tag Team Champion Hiroshi Tanahashi was essentially eliminated from the tournament by Chase Owens & Bad Luck Fale, as the Bullet Club duo stayed barely-alive with a pinfall on Toa Henare.
The IWGP Tag Champs had a shenanigan-filled spectacle with EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi, FinJuice got a much needed win over Los Ingobernables de Japon. Shingo Takagi has said that if he and SANADA don’t make it to the finals, it will be Takagi’s fault, and after taking the pinfall tonight against David Finlay, his word may prove true. Plus, Finlay now has a NEVER Title shot with his name on it. Also Satoshi Kojima opened the show with a lariat, and my god that man’s arm must be tired by now.
NJPW World Tag League: Night 6
Available on NJPWWorld.com
- Satoshi Kojima & Tomoaki Honma def. Yuji Nagata & Yota Tsuji by pinfall.
Satoshi Kojima pinned Yota Tsuji via Lariat.
- Toru Yano & Tomohiro Ishii (8) def. The Empire (Great-O-Khan & Jeff Cobb) (6) by pinfall.
Toru Yano pinned Great-O-Khan via Rollup.
- Bullet Club (Chase Owens & Bad Luck Fale) (4) def. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Toa Henare (2) by pinfall.
Bad Luck Fale pinned Toa Henare via Grenade Launcher.
- Suzuki-gun (Zack Sabre Jr. & Taichi) (8) def. Bullet Club (EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi) (6) by pinfall.
Zack Sabre Jr. pinned Yujiro Takahashi via Zack Mephisto.
- FinJuice (David Finlay & Juice Robinson) (6) def. Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA & Shingo Takagi) (8) by pinfall.
David Finlay pinned Shingo Takagi via Prima Nocte.
- CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI & Hirooki Goto) (6) def. Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) (6) by pinfall.
YOSHI-HASHI pinned Tama Tonga via Rollup.
NJPW returns on 11/29 with Best of Super Juniors: Night 6 at 4:30am ET on NJPWWorld.com